Don't forget to check out the notes that follow the recipe. Have fun, good luck, and Thank You for helping to fight childhood hunger in America!
Visit GreatAmericanBakeSale.org to learn more.
Preheat oven to 375^
Makes approximately 36
18.25oz Yellow Cake Mix
1/3 C. Vegetable Oil
1-2 tsp. Lemon Juice (your preference)
1/3 C. Powdered Sugar (for rolling)
1. Put all the ingredients EXCEPT for the confectioners sugar in a bowl. Mix.
2. Drop or use a cookie scoop to form 1-1/2" cookie balls.
3. Roll cookie balls in powdered sugar.
4. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, rotating your sheets halfway through.
- Duncan Hines is a HUGE supporter of Great American Bake Sale - Thrown 'em some love and buy their mix! It only costs about $1.50/box (where I am) and you also get a coupon in your Great American Bake Sale welcome packet.
- It's important that the cake mix is 18.25 oz. Many are not, so if you use another brand make sure you check the box before buying.
- Don't freak out if your dough starts sticky! The more you mix, the more firm it will get. If you do, for whatever reason, find yourself with sticky cookie balls just pop them into the fridge for 10-15 minutes before rolling in powdered sugar.
- Plan ahead. The unbaked cookie balls (NOT rolled in sugar) will keep in the freezer for about a month. Make sure to use zip seal freezer bags that are labeled and dated. Thaw completely before baking.
- Find some really cheap cello bags, boxes and other various packaging material at Clear Bags