Friday, April 15, 2011

For Food Lovers And No Kid Hungry

Last night my husband and I were fortunate enough to attend The Taste Of The Nation Boston for the first time.  What an absolutely incredible event!  Food and drink as far as the eye can see, and all for No Kid Hungry.  Now, if you're like me and love food to the point people think you have some serious issues, than this is the culinary event for you.  Not in the Boston area?  Not to worry! Taste Of The Nation events are held across the country.  Find event dates at Taste Of The Nation.


Best food of the night:
Unfortunately the bag with the business cards I snagged (and the ticket I won for TOTN 2012 D:) is MIA, so we are now banking on the assistance of those reading this blog to offer up any information as to where we can find some of this glorious food.
  • Maple Whoopie Pie (Maybe South End Buttery?):  I believe "Holy crap" may sum up how incredible this whoopie pie was.  If I was shameless I would have just hovered over this table eating whoopie pies all night.  The station was a create your own whoopie and if anyone who attended has information on who this company is I (and my waistline) will be more than grateful!
  • Meatballs & Marscapone (My hubby is thinking from Church):  These guys were my husband's favorite of the night....and the cause for dispute on the way home over which plate was the best of the best. 
  • Mojito Cupcake from Kick Ass Cupcakes.  I went over to "taste the competition" and almost fell over when I found out how good this cupcake is.  If your in the Davis Square section of Somerville check them out!
  • Sliders (Which I can only assume came from Red Bones):  Oh the lucky people of Somerville! Again in Davis square,  apparently a wealth of awesome eats.

On and on I could go, but really the only way to truly appreciate this event is to attend yourself AND if you want to really spice up your night, opt for the early admission tickets which will get you into a private seating area complete with premium mixed cocktails, VIP raffle and more. What's more, 100% of the ticket sales go directly to Share Our Strength's efforts to end childhood hunger in America by 2015.


The Highlight Of My Night:

There I was, shoveling mass quantities of food in my pie hole, when who do I look up and see? Non other than Billy Shore himself.   Now, at the risk of seeming partially unstable, I will admit that we circled him like vultures for a few minutes before making our way in to say hello.  But when we finally initiated a conversation, Billy was incredibly kind and patient listening to the ramblings of some couple from North Andover go on and on about how great we think he and Share Our Strength is.  He even took the time to snap a picture with The Cookie Lady (me), complete with instructions from my (seemingly) photographer of a husband.   And should Billy Shore happen to stumble across this blog someday, I would like to extend my sincerest thanks...it really did mean the world to me.


~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Remember this is a family friendly blog designed to help others, please keep all comments suitable for all readers.